Our seminar will be held in a small village, Male Ciche near Zakopane, in the Polish Tatra Mountains.
It will be dedicated to various topics on Nonlocal in Partial Differential Equations and applications by
a rather interdisciplinary gremium. The current seminar is the eighth in a series focused on different areas
of mathematics (Sobolev Inequalities (2005), Maximum Principles (2006), Calculus of Variations (2007), Differential Inclusions (2008),
Inequalities (2010), Nonlinearities (2013), Singular PDEs, Analytical Tools and Applications (2015)). Our meeting will have the style of a traditional seminar.
Specialists from various fields, especially young researchers and
PhD students, are warmly welcome.
We plan approximately 16 one-hour lectures (which can be split into shorter lectures): 4 hours per day
and a poster session. Every day there will be a time slot devoted to discussions.
Some lectures will be devoted to the presentation of the new results obtained by the speakers and some lectures will cover
more introductory topics. It is possible to have a talk on a topic assigned by an experienced reseacher.
Lectures will take place in ''Remiza Strażacka'' - the fire brigade station.
The participants will have both blackboard with chalk as well as the computer with the beamer at their disposal.
In case of presentation using slides projected with the beamer we suggest to use pdf format.
Institute of Mathematics of the Polish Academy of Sciences at Warsaw
University of Warsaw
Jagiellonian University in Krakow
Agnieszka Kałamajska, University of Warsaw, A.Kalamajska [at] mimuw.edu.pl
Anna Ochal, Jagiellonian University in Krakow, anna.ochal [at] ii.uj.edu.pl
Piotr Kalita, Jagiellonian University in Krakow, piotr.kalita [at] ii.uj.edu.pl
Michał Jureczka, Jagiellonian University in Krakow, michal.jureczka [at] student.uj.edu.pl
Piotr Kozarzewski, University of Warsaw, piotr.kozarzewski [at] wat.edu.pl
In case of questions please contact us at e-mail male.ciche [at] ii.uj.edu.pl or at our individial e-mails.
Show/hide list of participants
- Krzysztof Bartosz, Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science, Jagiellonian University in Kraków
- Grzegorz Bartuzel, Warsaw University of Technology
- Krzysztof Bogdan, Wroclaw University of Science and Technology
- Magdalena Chmara, Gdańsk University of Technology
- Yumi Cho, Korea Institute for Advanced Study
- Jakub Ciesielski, Gdańsk University of Technology
- Raj Narayan Dhara, Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- Tomasz Dłotko, Institute of Mathematics, Polish Academy of Sciences and Institute of Mathematics,
University of Silesia
- Zdzisław Dzedzej, Gdańsk University of Technology
- Piotr Gamorski, Institute of Mathematics, Lodz University of Technology
- Petr Girg, University of West Bohemia in Pilsen
- Tomasz Gzella, Gdańsk University of Technology
- Michał Jureczka, Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science, Jagiellonian University in Krakow
- Piotr Kalita, Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science, Jagiellonian University in Kraków
- Agnieszka Kałamajska, Faculty of Mathematics, Informatics and Mechanics, University of Warsaw
- Marta Kornafel, Cracow University of Economics
- Igor Kossowski, Institute of Mathematics, Lodz University of Technology
- Piotr Kowalski, Institute of Mathematics, Lodz University of Technology
- Piotr Kozarzewski, Faculty of Mathematics, Informatics and Mechanics, University of Warsaw
- Stefan Krömer, UTIA, Czech Academy of Sciences
- Wojciech Kryszewski, Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń
- Grzegorz Łukaszewicz, Faculty of Mathematics, Informatics and Mechanics, University of Warsaw
- Jakub Maksymiuk, Gdańsk University of Technology
- Andrzej Nowakowski, Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Lodz
- Anna Ochal, Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science, Jagiellonian University in Kraków
- Luigo d'Onofrio, University of Napoli "Parthenope", Italy
- Aleksandra Orpel, Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Lodz
- Katarzyna Pietruska - Pałuba, Faculty of Mathematics, Informatics and Mechanics, University of Warsaw
- Teresa Radice, Università degli Studi di Napoli "Federico II", Italy
- Andrzej Rozkosz, Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń
- Artur Rutkowski, Wroclaw University of Science and Technology
- Konrad Sakowski, Institute of High Pressure Physics PAS
- Tomasz Służalec, Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science, Jagiellonian University in Krakow
- Andrzej Szulkin, Department of Mathematics, Stockholm University, Sweden
- Krzysztof Winowski, Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science, Jagiellonian University in Kraków
- Karol Wroński, Gdańsk University of Technology
- Bartosz Wróblewski, University of Wrocław
- Elvira Zappale, Università degli Studi di Salerno, Italy
1. Anna Żółtek, Małe Ciche 77B, 34-531 Murzasichle, tel: (+48) 18 201 63 85.
2. Maria Żeglin, Małe Ciche 73, 34-531 Murzasichle, tel. (+48) 18 208 41 09.
The meeting point is Maria Żeglin house situated near the ski lift (wyciag krzeselkowy). We direct you to your accommodation place nearby.
We will be lodged in local small hostels, some of them have full bath facilities.
Please, be prepared for lower level of accommodation than in the hotel or high quality pension.
If it is not a problem for you, please, book rather double rooms than single ones and send us the name of your roommate.
We will organize transport for participants who informed us they would like to use the transport organized by us.
The bus from Krakow to Male Ciche will depart from the bus station at 18:15 on Monday, September 25th.
This will be a regular bus for which we have bought the tickets for our participants.
The line will be Krakow->Zakopane and the bus will be operated by the company "Szwagropol".
The bus will depart from "Malopolski Dworzec Autobusowy", the bus station located
just near the Krakow Railway Station "Kraków Główny".
The group should be there ten minutes before the departure, that is, at 18:05.
In case of any troubles, our contactperson who will be waiting at the bus station is Michał Jureczka.
The group will get off from the bus in Zakopane, where it will move into a small bus which will go to Male Ciche.
Small bus will be in Zakopane at 20.25. The return trip is planned similarily: the small bus will take the group from Male Ciche to Zakopane at 10:30 in the morning on Saturday, September 30.
Then the group will travel from Zakopane by the Szwagropol line which departs from Zakopane bus station at 11:20.
Application deadline: please fill in the registration form until
June 25, 2017
July 10, 2017 (registration deadline extended).
July 17, 2017 (registration deadline further extended).
Deadline for sending titles and abstracts of talks/posters: July 17, 2017.
Abstracts can be prepared according to the following template
and sent by mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Seminar: September 26-29, 2017
(arrival day September 25 Monday in the evening, departure day September 30 Saturday after breakfast).
Payment in case of accommodation in single room: 800 PLN
Payment in case of accommodation in shared room: 600 PLN
There is no conference fee. Payment covers acommodation and full board.
Payment must be done in Polish zlotys (PLN) during the seminar. It will be possible to obtain the invoice. Please notice that the nearest money exchange is in Zakopane.
During our seminar we plan to organize one longer excursion to the mountains.
Please keep in mind that there is a small fee (5 PLN) for the entrance to the national park.
Some additional example costs
- entrance to the Tatra National Park (very nearby) during the walks or trip - 5 PLN each time you enter,
- additional drinks or cakes bought cheaply in the market nearby, the example cost is 1,5-3 PLN,
- transport during short excursions - about 4 PLN each travel by bus in the area.
Registration is now closed. In case of any queries please contact the organizers.